Hi ya’ll I’m back! Back into running, back to regular posting, back from struggling through the hardest four week chemistry course ever…and it feels good!!
It’s been well over two months since I ran my first marathon and the journey to get back into running has been a fun one! I wanted to throw together a little update post to recap my running routine, school, and life and how it all balances!
Running for marathon training was a beast. Waking up at 4am to run for 3+ hours on a Saturday quickly lost it’s appeal. Don’t get me wrong; I loved it, but this time around I’ve been able to ease back into
the game running.
I started out easy with a few 1-2 mile runs here and there since I really wanted my foot to completely heal. And you know what? I was able to run the mileage easily. The first couple times out I didn’t need to stop to walk or catch my breath. This was a surprise to me because during marathon training I struggled to run 1 mile straight through. It was such a mental block so not having this goal looming over me allows me to just listen to my music and hit the pavement. I’m absolutely loving it!!
I eventually worked back up to three miles with my first race back at Best Damn Race Orlando. I ran with some friends from out of town -they’re first 5k!- and had a blast. We didn’t go for time…just to enjoy the event and really had a good time. It felt really good to be at a race again. I just love the excitement of everything and the camaraderie. I always say that about races.
this is husband’s side of bathroom btw ?
Since BDR in February, I ran in a March for Meals 5k and pushed it! Since we did walk a little at BDR I wanted to see what I could do. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this strong before. I like to thank getting back on tracking with eating and cross training with tabata and more weights than ever. The cross training has helped tremendously and I have been feeling so good. At the end of the 5k my average pace was somewhere around 11:30 which is a solid minute than my marathon training pace! My focus for 2016 after the marathon was going to be on speed and I think I’m working my way there!
I love being able to run for fun and for fitness vs. training for a huge race. It really took a toll and made me want to stop running. It’s so refreshing to be back in love with it! 🙂 Yesterday I ran 3 miles at an 11:19 pace…something I haven’t done in a long time!
Is so difficult right now. As of Friday I’ve officially been at school for one semester. I’m in the two month long block of chemistry right now. It’s tough. Our poor professor is the cutest old man but struggles conveying the material to us. The exams take about 4 hours to complete. It’s been rough. But I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe.
Chipotle makes studying better right??
Has been great! No complaints 😉 We recently went to Bern’s Steakhouse in Tampa to celebrate my MIL’s birthday. If you haven’t been to Bern’s, it’s really such an experience. Their servers train in the kitchen, on their farms, and in virtually every aspect of the restaurant for a year before they can become servers, they have the largest wine collection/warehouse in the country, and it’s really just such an experience that can only be described by going there!
Green river in Tampa for St. Paddy’s Day!
Cappuccino cream from The Dessert Room @ Berns!
Brown Sugar @ The Dessert Room
Inside the wine cellar- it was 50 degrees in there with over 100,000 bottles of vino!
nbd, just a $30k bottle of wine (left) ?
Some goals on my radar:
- Star Wars 10k at WDW in April. So excited for this event! I’m feeling strong and ready and am really looking forward to being able to actually walk and enjoy Epcot after the race!
post run treat?!?
- Training Macy to run a 5k. I’ve been running with her more and she’s been doing great! She makes it about a mile and a half before we have to walk a little bit. My goal is to signup for a 5k and have her run it with me. I think she gets hot with all her fluff..she’s due for a grooming in a few weeks.
post pup run!
- Take a photography course with Brian. We both love taking photos and have a nice barely used DSLR. It’s time we figure out how to properly use it! It’s on the list in the next couple weeks!!
- Continue with home projects. I’ve been on a major spring cleaning kick lately and have been reorganizing, re-cleaning, and redecorating the house for a spring refresh and it feels so good. I have supplies for more projects…I try to do 1-2 a week.
- Do well in my next chemistry class. Ugh. I have another month of chemistry left then I have a beautiful two month break while I take anatomy and physiology. Then more chemistry.
I think that’s about it for this little recap post. Stay tuned for a more regular posting schedule. ?
Happy Tuesday everyone!