The other day I joined my family at Magic Kingdom while they are in town on their annual trip to Walt Disney World. I passed by a food cart with delicious smelling spring and egg rolls and couldn’t resist the temptation….they had cheeseburger spring rolls! UH YES PLEASE. I split an order with my Grandpa and OMG they were delish. I gobbled them up before I could get a photo, but managed to smile in between bites to take the photo below. These little treats were so good and I knew I’d be craving more, so I made a mental note to recreate these babies at home with a healthy upgrade. Read on to see how I made lightened up Cheeseburger Spring Rolls!
Week One of marathon training is in the books! I was incredibly nervous to start this week because I’ve been in a workout/running rut that I had a hard time getting out of. I’ve been eating really well, but my motivation has been lacking lately.
I found my motivation somewhere and laced up to start the week. All my runs were pretty rough as I build back up my speed and endurance. I managed to get through two 4 mile runs and two 30 minute runs. I’m starting with base building and will add mileage as the weeks go on. I’m following a combination of a marathon plan designed for the WDW Full Marathon in January 2016 and a half marathon plan for a local race I’m running in October.
P2- Run fuel: peanut butter greek yogurt dip with apple slices + LOTS of water
P3: It DOWN POURED during my 4 mile run on Friday this week. Lots of badass runner feelings that day! ☔️👊
P4: Post run turkey burger, pickle, bell pepper slices, and Annie’s cheddar bunnies 🍔🍴
P5: Week 1 mileage ✔️
I can’t wait to see what the next 6 months have in store for me. It will be an exciting time to get to that finish line!
Have you checked out the great deals over at Nordstrom for their Anniversary sale?! They have some great pieces at great price points from fall fashion to home decor. I shopped the sale to stock up on some workout gear staples, just in time for marathon training season to begin! Hello deals and FREE shipping for all online orders!!
Here are my top picks from the #NSALE for workout items!
1. Zella Tab Back Socks OMG a 3 pack of running socks for $15?! Yes please. Can’t get enough socks. Am I the only one who loses them all??
3. Zella Live In Capris I have heard so many great things about Zella, so I am so excited to try out my first pair! I’ve been in need of updating some basic black workout pants, so these leggings fit the bill at $28!
4. Asics Cleo Pop Tank I’m a sucker for a good muscle tank and this hot pink one would be super cute with a bright sports bra poking out! Only $32!
5. Insignia by Sigvaris Compression Sleeves These compression calf sleeves were the first pair of compression gear I ever got. Since trying them, I am a compression convert and cannot live without them during race season, especially for only $23!
6. Asics Gel Kayano 21 If you’re in the market for a new running shoe, the Gel Kayano is a favorite shoe for over-pronators! Lightweight cushioning + maximum support, the Kayanos are a great running shoe option, especially for $119! Make sure to get professionally fitted first, then pickup these cheaper options online!
What did you get at the Anniversary sale? Don’t forget about the free shipping! Prices go back up on August 3rd, so there is plenty of time to snag these great deals!