When I was a youngster and found myself at the pool, I was most definitely always playing ‘mermaid.’ I’d fight over the best mermaid names with my friends…Ariel was always taken, then we’d resort to various semi precious stones like Emerald or Diamond and would swim around the pool for hours.
Didn’t we all??
This year’s runDisney Princess Race weekend is The Little Mermaid themed…and I’m having major FOMO. This will be the first time in four years that I’m not running it- It was my very first half marathon in 2013 and I’ve done it ever since. I opted out for this year since I was registered for the marathon and figured I’d need the break…okay and to save a lil $ since back to back races are expensive! But now that it’s this month, I’m bummed I’m missing it!
@ last year’s race!
Anyways, I can’t help but feel excited about The Little Mermaid theme and the overall race excitement in general. Over WDW Marathon Weekend, I picked up the New Balance special edition runDisney Ariel shoes and have been wearing them ever since and what better time to brainstorm outfit inspo, than when everyone’s gearing up for Princess weekend?! By the way, the NB shoes are going to be available again at this race weekend’s expo…read all about how to snag a pair here.
Here’s some mermaid outfit inspiration and gear necessary for Princess Weekend! I always choose to wear themed clothing versus a costume, because I think less is more to keep myself comfy during long runs. I always admire the runners who wear full on costumes to races..I just like to be cool and comfortable! ?
- These leggings. I can’t. I want ’em bad! Not overly in your face mermaid so you could wear them for any workout, but just the right touch for any of the Princess races. They are for running and workouts, but also can hold up in the water.
- All merbabes need to hold their goodies for racing, so a Flipbelt is a great option! These belts are great for a pop of color, but also sit well under a looser top. They hold so much so you don’t have to way down your pants with nutrition, keys, or anything else you need for race day!
- Medal racks are essential for storing your hard earned bling! I love finding unique medal holders and this mermaid one is stylish and perfect for all the precious bling over Princess weekend. This rack is a sweet edition to home decor and will look pretty holding all your medals.
- You know how I feel about muscle tanks! And one with an appropriate phrase for the theme works for me. Etsy has literally thousands of cute tanks, tees, and apparel, the options are endless. But this teal and pink one spoke to me.
- Jewelry probably isn’t a top priority when planning a race day outfit, but I always wear my princess crown earrings for a runDisney race. I work ’em for my first Princess half and have ever since. I think they bring good luck! These starfish ones are really cute and add a subtle touch.
- I just got this Sweaty Band during a sale back in January. I love the combination of teals and blues and thought it’d be great for spring and summer. I couldn’t find it available, but here are two picks that will go perfectly with whatever you decide to wear: mint green or multi colored!
- All mermaids need to drink that water to stay beautiful and hydrated! Tote this bottle around during the expo to make sure you’re sipping water to hydrate for the race!
all dressed up nowhere to go ?
Are you running any races during Princess Weekend?? If so, I’m feelin’ jealous! ?